Al Bar – Wilmette Platers was founded in 1937 by two craftsman
dedicated to the restoration and preservation of fine artifacts
for the communities of Lake Michigan’s North Shore and
Chicago. The primary focus of the founders of the firm
was high quality silversmith, repair and restoration shop.
Since our inception, quality craftsmanship has been at the
very forefront of our mission.
the years of our history we have acquired other like businesses
such as Gilbertson’s of Chicago and have built our existing
business base from a local concern to a nationwide service
organization. We have been located in the same facilities
since the early 1940’s on Green Bay Road in Wilmette,
Illinois. Over the past 3 years we have used all of
our combined talents to introduce a line of high-end entry
hardware based on period designs and finishes. This
hardware as well as our other custom hardware has... more